Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Take a walk on the wild(er) side

Walking down the street.
Seems like the most average of all human endeavours. But not for everyone...
Some of us can't even take that for granted. And I don't meen the agoraphobic.
Some if us have a condition in our nature that causes strife with others that pass us down the street, while we're walking to work, to school, to the gym, to meet friends. When we're returning home or just taking a stroll around the neighbourhood.
Our mere presence disturbs these others, even though we are not doing anything out of the ordinary. We may have never seen them before, spoken to them directly, or even have made eye contact. But our existence is enough to make them feel an uncontrolable urge to mock us.
It is sad for me to experience this on a daily basis - not everyday, but often.
I fail to comprehend how that can be satisfying for anyone. It won't make a difference: it's not like I'll stop being who I am because they made fun of me.
It makes me sad, it makes me angry, it makes me doubt the quality of the human race. But it doesn't make me straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment